Thank you for your interest in a music teaching job at Melody Music Studios. My name is Kathi
Kerr, owner and founder of Melody Music Studios. I started MMS in 1989 from an overflow of my own students (piano), and soon began hiring instructors for all instruments and voice. My passion is seeing a student learn and grow. I believe in offering professional lessons taught
in a fun and positive way, and I'm looking for enthusiastic instructors who love to teach like I do!
Since Melody Music Studios takes care of policies, marketing, and billing, all you have to do is what you do best - teach!
To apply, simply click the Apply Now button below. Along with the application, you must also submit your resume, a performance recording (audio or video), and a 1-2 minute "meet the instructor" introduction video (YouTube videos accepted for both performance recording and introduction video). For the introduction video, please answer the following questions:
1. Introduce yourself using your FIRST NAME ONLY (no personal contact information please)
2. Briefly share your musical story, why or how you got started with music, or who/what influenced you to choose the musical path you took
3. What you offer students.
Please keep in mind this video will be posted on your bio page on our website, if hired.
For your resume and performance recording, you can enter a website on the application (there's a special field for that), Or you can e-mail your resume, performance recording, and intro video. After completing the application, you will be redirected to a page with the email link.
Tips on the "meet the instructor" video:
1. Record in good lighting and be aware of your background.
2. Dress appropriately.
3. Write out a script before hand so you know what you'll say, but speak as though you're in a conversation and not scripted. Get your point across with as few words as possible.
4. Use a wide view (landscape) not a portrait view.
5. For the best view, angle the camera straight or slightly above, never angled below.
6. Keep in mind this video could be watched for years to come, so instead of saying the length of time for your experience, use a date frame; for example "since 2005".
7. Most of all, be yourself and have fun!
Why teach for Melody Music Studios?
1. We take care of the marketing so you don't have to, saving you time and cost
2. Being under our company means your personal contact information is not on line and only given to a student once they sign up
3. We guarantee payment for scheduled lessons, even if the student cancels or doesn't pay
4. You're a part of a reputable company founded in 1989 with an A+ rating on BBB , and a large network of instructors
5. We're here to help if you have questions or concerns while teaching
A few highlights about teaching at MMS:
1. Our contract is not exclusive, so you can continue teaching for yourself or other studios while receiving students from MMS
2. You choose your own schedule, the number of students you want, and whether you want to teach in the student's home or your own home or professional studio - MMS does not offer a studio space
3. If you travel, you can choose the mile radius you travel to
4. Instructors are sub-contractors and no taxes are deducted